Thursday, April 23, 2009

Giving Part of Myself

Ralph Waldo Emerson: "Rings and jewels are not gifts, but apologies for gifts. The only true gift is a part of thyself."

My sister likes to tell a story about a little boy who walked many miles to give his beloved teacher a beautiful shell. The teacher told him, "I love you for making the effort, but I can't believe you walked all this way to deliver a shell to me." The little boy told her simply, "The long walk is part of the gift."

davidson - Anyone with bread-making expertise?? (Mormon Momma)

1 comment:

Julie said...

Thank you, Ray, for being so giving your your thoughts and the time and energy you spend sharing them with others...not only here but in other places on the web as well. I don't think you realize how much of "your walk" is part of an amazing gift to people that you don't even know. I will take this thought and this story with me throughout my day today. Blessings!