Wednesday, April 1, 2009

More Marriage Randomness

I’m one of those who wouldn’t call my own marriage hard work, because I married someone with whom I just seem to fit perfectly (the ancient concept of split-aparts), but I would say it still requires constant awareness of my wife’s moods and needs - particularly in moments and times of increased stress, distraction and/or fatigue. It means I have to think about her (both qualitatively and quantitatively) more than anyone else - including myself. For many people, it really does feel like hard work, and if my own “awareness” needs to be translated as “hard work” to resonate and motivate someone else, I am perfectly fine with that wording.

1 comment:

Mama D said...

And thus you see why our marriage does not take "hard work." I am blessed indeed to have as my eternal companion one who is so in tune with my needs and my moods - one who accepts me no matter what those are - one with whom I am an equal partner. He motivates me to be the best I can be, while I in turn motivate him to be his best. We really do work and fit well together.

Thanks for your awareness of me, Dear. Love you!