Sunday, April 19, 2009

Accompanying My Posterity Through the Temple

There is something deeply moving and powerful about the end of the endowment session as you converse with the Lord, but that experience is magnified significantly when your own child (particularly our oldest child) has been endowed that same day with Priesthood power and is behind you waiting to converse with the Lord for the first time.

The man assisting me thought I needed help toward the very end - as I choked up with emotion contemplating the promises pronounced upon my posterity, with part of that posterity standing directly behind me for the first time in my life.

Truly, God is good.

Thank you, Lord.

3 comments:

Mama D said...

Absolutely astounding moment...

Anonymous said...

How wonderful for you both to see the fulfillment of such promise.A moment in time to treasure throughout eternity.Tender mercies.

Anonymous said...

I really need to go back :)
My temple experiences were better BEFORE I got my endowment.
Going through the temple for the first time was a powerful experience that I am glad I enjoyed but the fact that I had not been prepared at all with what to expect really spoiled the whole thing.
I need to go back now.