Saturday, August 25, 2012

Saying No; Asking Permission - A Powerful, Personal Experience

I normally don't link to current posts, preferring instead to highlight older posts that I believe deserve to be resurrected.  Today, I felt the need to alter that approach and post the link to a more current post that I think needs to be read, for some reason, by someone, now. 

I hope that feeling was inspired. 

Not a Legitimate Rape - Rachel Whipple (Times & Seasons)

My comment is #50.

You might want to skim over or ignore the comments that are focused narrowly on the legal terms for varying types of rape.  The main point of the post for me is incredibly important - a clear plea to withhold judgment in cases of trauma and paralyzing fear and/or dread.

We want so badly to understand and assign blame - even in cases where we can't accomplish the former and should run screaming from the latter.  In so many cases, our only response should be compassion and love. 

No comments: