My own simple description of the classic Mormon take on the here-after is that:
1) Those who try will be rewarded so generously that they will be astounded - and "stand all amazed".
2) Those who coast along and don't really try will be rewarded in a loving and gracious manner - and "stand all amazed".
3) Those who don't try at all but revel in harmful things will be rewarded more than they appear to us to deserve - and, probably, "stand all amazed".
4) Only those who punch God in the face intentionally will be punished - and, ironically, from the other perspective, probably "stand all amazed".
5) We will be where we will be the most comfortable - including the God-punchers.
I really love that, personally.
Enid vs. The Letter F 12/21/2014
6 hours ago