Monday, November 21, 2011

Some Things I Want and Don't Want to Be for My Children

I want my children to know that I am always here for them, but I don't want them to always be here with me.

I want them to feel comfortable asking me anything, but I don't want them to ask me everything.

I want to be a resource for them, but I don't want to be the source for them.

Eventually, I want them to be agents unto themselves - and to become for their children what I was for them.

I want them to be part of an eternal round.

2 comments:

Richard Alger said...

I love this!

Mama D said...

Your timing is impeccable, given my feelings of wistfulness over the past few days about letting go and allowing our kids to find themselves, regardless of where that might take them.

Once again, you come to my rescue!