Monday, June 15, 2009

The Word of God in Modern Times

"What I the Lord have spoken, I have spoken, and I excuse not myself; and though the heavens and the earth pass away, my word shall not pass away, but shall all be fulfilled, whether by mine own voice or by the voice (SINGULAR) of my servants (PLURAL), it is the same." (D&C 1:38)


This verse says "it is the same" when the servants speak
collectively (plurality of individuals) as a united body (singularity of message) - not when any one or two or six speak as individuals. That's worth considering.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's very useful Ray,and something I will bear in mind next time I take offence for a word from an authority .Hope your move is going well.

Tim Malone said...

That IS an excellent insight I had not previously considered. Things like the Proclamation to the world on the family come to mind. Thanks for sharing.