Thursday, February 26, 2015

Judging Others Who Think and Act Differently than We Do

People tend to think God thinks the same way they think or, at least, approves of the way they think (no matter how they think and no matter their religious affiliation) - even with the clear statement:

"My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways.  For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts."  (Isaiah 55:8-9) 


That, alone, ought to give us pause and allow charity and grace more room in our hearts and minds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the reminder of this amazing scripture. I think I am growing to define God less by my own values and perceive Him as utterly cosmic and beyond my definition or understanding. That's beginning to enable me to let God be God in my life, and hand the stuff over to Him.