Friday, November 1, 2013

Talking about Sex

I wish we could be much more open and aware of sensibilities in the way that we talk about sexuality and sexual activity, and I don't mean that only about within the LDS Church. It's widespread throughout humanity to lean toward one extreme or the other, unfortunately.

I have been disappointed in how little some people can deal with discussing sex, but I also have been disappointed in how much others want to talk about it - and I've been disappointed by how both types of people often talk about it. (Of course, if you insert "religion" or "politics" into that sentence, it's totally accurate, as well - so it's not just about sex.)
 
If we were less squeamish about topics - or less prone to judge and argue, we could understand ourselves and others so much more easily.

No comments: