Wednesday, July 7, 2010

It's All About Respect

We each need to live our lives according to our own light, try to share that light with others who really are interested in understanding it and quit trying to enforce our own light as the correct one for all. I can say that on an individual level even when I believe the overall theology of Mormonism is more complete than any other - that it is “true” in my eyes. I am involved in “sharing the Gospel” because of how it makes me feel and because I believe it can help others; however, I am not involved in belittling those who can’t see and accept what I see and accept, nor am I involved in sharing the Gospel solely (or even primarily) to "convert".

I believe the principles of the Restored Gospel will help and bless others, even those who embrace the principles without embracing the Restored Church. I hope they embrace the Church, but my sharing the Gospel with them is not dependent on it.

2 comments:

Matthew said...

You need a "like" button here, Papa D. I'd use it all the time! :D

Great post!

Shawna said...

Me too. We've never met, but I have been reading your blog for months. So many times I feel like you have expressed my own feelings perfectly.