Saturday, November 28, 2009

There is a Real Power in Fasting and Prayer

Nothing about which I have been fasting and praying this month has been reconciled completely yet, but I have gained a much deeper appreciation of the power that is available through fasting and prayer.

I have experienced a wonderful clarity of vision this month about some things that have been bothering me for some time, and I can chalk that up to my effort to focus time and effort on contemplation, fasting and prayer. Some might attribute everything to the contemplation, and perhaps the most profound aspect of fasting is in the intense focus it allows us to bring to those things about which we are fasting, but I have felt an opening of the heavens and inspiration this month that has been of great comfort and worth to me.

For that, on this Thanksgiving weekend, I am thankful.

No comments: