Saturday, July 16, 2011

Resolution FAIL

This has been a very tough week for me when it comes to my New Year's Resolution for the month - to not make a mock of others. 

It's not that I actively have been mocking others on a grand scale this week, but I have been distracted for much of the week and have succumbed to a few situations where I could have been much kinder and less mocking. 

If there has been one lesson for me this week, it is a reiteration that the type of progress I am seeking does not come automatically - without conscious thought and effort

As a side note:

Next weekend will be extremely chaotic for me, as I will be preparing for a large group visit at the college where I work and then leaving immediately to join my family for a vacation to Ohio, where we lived for 12 years prior to moving to MO.  I am looking forward to that opportunity, and we are grateful for family and friends who are making it possible financially for us to do so.  (One family has offered to let us stay with them to reduce greatly the total cost - which is no small offer, if you know how many people we will have with us.)  I will try to write a resolution post next week, but if I am unable to do so, I will post something else within the general topic of not making a mock of others. 

So, I hope everyone has a great weekend and is able to a better job with whatever you are trying to accomplish than I did this past week.  All I can do is refocus and try to do a little better this week, which is the heart of my resolution structure anyway. 

No comments: