Monday, September 20, 2010

Mormonism Allows for the Ultimate 11th Hour Conversion

I think one of the core concepts of Mormonism that gets overlooked far too often is the idea that the parable of the workers in Matthew 20 can be applied just as easily to those who accept the Gospel in the hereafter (the ultimate 11th hour by human calculations) as it can be to those who are born in the Church and search faithfully all the days of their lives.

In view of the eternities, just as with our meager contribution to our joint Atonement account, however long we work in the field is inconsequential.
What counts is that we sink our shovels into the sod and shoulder our load.

1 comment:

Matthew said...

I love that parable. I thought it was terribly unfair when I was younger, but as I have grown older, I have changed my mind. It allows for a variety of life experiences, full of diversity, that does not shortchange anyone in terms of a reward because of that diversity.