Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Broadening Our Understanding of the Restoration

If someone really wants to gain a better understanding of "The Restoration of the Gospel in the Dispensation of the Fullness of Times", I’d suggest a look at how the eternal perspective within Buddhism (especially) and Islam and Hinduism and Shintoism and other world religions is so much closer to Mormonism’s than is Protestantism’s. I’ve always found it fascinating that, in many ways, Mormonism is closer to the other major world religions than it is to modern-day Protestantism. That adds a much broader meaning to “Restoration”, in my opinion, as well as a much more universal understanding of the power of the Atonement.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Examples?

I suppose if I thought about this a bit I could come up with some examples, but I'd be interested to know exactly which "eternal perspective" doctrines from these world religions strike you.