Saturday, October 15, 2011

Today I Lost My Faith in Humanity

As I considered my New Year's Resolution this week (framing it in my mind this week as "to understand more fully that I am no better in the eyes of God than anyone else"), I thought of the parable of the Good Samaritan - and I suddenly remembered something I had written on Times & Seasons almost exactly four years ago.  It was a re-posting of something one of my "sons" had written - about a situation that made him angry and frustrated with humanity.  He admitted in one of his follow-up comments that the title (the one I used as the title of this post) was a bit hyperbolic, but I loved the post when he wrote it and want to re-re-post it here on my own blog tonight. 

I encourage you to read the comments on Times & Seasons, as well - even though it will take some time to do so.  Some of them strayed from the point I was making by re-posting it, so go ahead and skip the comments that don't focus on the parable of the Good Samaritan.  That parable, more than perhaps any other story in our scriptural canon, captures the spirit of what I have been thinking this week - and it is weighing quite heavily on my heart and mind, in more ways than one. 

With that introduction, here is the link:

Today I Lost My Faith in Humanity - Brett John Light, re-posted by Curtis Ray DeGraw (Times & Seasons)

No comments: