Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Conversion Is an Individual Experience We Should Never Limit Based on Our Own Experiences

I believe strongly that God speaks to each of us in our own language and according to our own understanding. Therefore, I believe we make a critical mistake when we try to tell someone else how God will speak with her and how conversion will occur for her. I have seen enough different examples in my life that I am loathe ever to say, “This is how it will happen in your life.”

There is a long missionary lesson in that belief, and I think it is critical to change the way we approach some things in that field, but, for the purpose of this post, I simply will say that conversion happens differently for different people – and the key, in my opinion, is to be open to just about any conversion method (or time table) God might use for any particular individual.

No comments: