Friday, May 9, 2014

How Do You Feel the Spirit Individually? or, Why We Shouldn't Tell People How They Will Feel the Spirit

I have had a very few "burning in the bosom" experiences, but never totally on my own. For me, it tends to be a "settling upon my soul" feeling - or a convergence of mind and heart that brings me a feeling of great peace. Most of the time, however, I'm not much of a "feeler". I'm more naturally a "study it out in your heart and mind" person.

I'm a good example of why we shouldn't tell people how they will feel the Spirit, since the "traditional" ways don't work for me all that often. 


I'm interested in how others feel the spirit.  Please feel free to share, if you so desire.

2 comments:

Brother H. said...

Ah, this. I'm not a feeler (and tend toward actual distrust of emotion). I immediately thought of how doctrines "distill" slowly on my own soul. I think I will shamelessly steal your phrasing.

Unknown said...

This is a great question, I've talked with a lot of people about it. Many report a centered calmness, some are very good at this and can turn it into a series of questions and answers in one sitting. Others report a shiver or goosebumps.

If you stay with it and practice it becomes a more sophisticated signal that is customized but clearly identifiable for you as being from the spirit. This can be used to call your attention to things around you that contain a relevant message for you and can be used to guide your direction.