Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Understanding Better the VIsit of the Resurrected Lord to the People of the Book of Mormon

The Great and Marvelous Change of 3 Nephi 11:1 - Jeff Lindsay (Mormanity)

I don't agree with all of the conclusions of the author whose paper Jeff links in this post, but I agree whole-heartedly with the major conclusions and with Jeff's interest in it.  There is much that is assumed about Jesus' visit that simply doesn't match the actual text, and it's good to read a paper and a post that address some of those assumptions.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not sure this makes a difference to my life one way or the other to be honest,and I'm certainly not qualified to comment other than that. The whole event seems wonderful to me anyhow.Must have taken a lot of time and thought though.

Just thinking about my day tomorrow-three sick children to care for,one who's care will involve a four hour round trip,unemployed husband to sustain,cancer suffering neighbour to fix the house for-and I'm not even looking...wouldn't have it any other way you understand,but makes this kind of stuff look a little redundant.Maybe it's his job.

Papa D said...

Great perspective, actually, Anonymous.

Yeah, I really like to think about stuff like this, but, in the end . . . not so important.