Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Our Individual Journeys

I think there are as many "journeys" as there are individuals. The path might be strait and narrow, but getting to it and moving from the beginning to the end is anything but identical for each of us. Like I've said in other posts, I'm grateful that mine was the right one for me. I'm not about to judge anyone else's simply by how it compares to mine. No matter how we get there, if we both reach the same destination, we both reach the same destination - no matter how much time we actually spend getting to the path, how much time we actually spend on it or what condition we are in when we reach it. (the first hour laborer or the eleventh hour, fifty-ninth minute laborer - the mortal disciple or the post-mortal believer) In the end, no matter what, when we are able to see the big picture, I think all of us will be thankful for whatever it takes to get us there.

I do think, however, that it is important to "experience it again and anew" occasionally as we walk the path.

No comments: